Friday, July 13, 2018

Phantom Corsair as Movie Star

Time for another change of pace.  I wrote about ketchup heir Rust Heinz's Cord-based Phantom Corsair here.  In that post I noted that the car played the role of the Flying Wombat brand in the 1938 comedy movie "Young in Heart".

I found a few marginal-quality outtake images from the film on the Web and thought it might be amusing to post them.

Gallery

This seems to be a publicity photo including the Flying Wombat, Paulette Goddard and Douglas Fairbanks Jr.

View of the Flying Wombat showroom.  It's a matte shot, most of the background being painted.  The cars are either painted or altered photos.

Showroom scene.


These showroom scenes include a diagram view of the car in the background.

2 comments:

Dominick said...

My grandpa also has one old model Mercedes and yet I see that car think how can it become so comfortable yet. Also, I modified that car from mercedes garage after my grandpa died. And I modified that and I used to drive it many people laugh at me but I don't care because I don't want to lose my grandpa's memory.

tike mik said...

The problems related to the deficiency of flicks in the market or stores have also been resolved by such sites which provide the users with the rarest and oldest films that have been released even in the foreign countries. 0123movies